Local businesses can submit by August 6
The Ajax Anti-Black Racism Task Force is developing a directory of Black-owned businesses for the Town of Ajax. Appearing in this directory will provide businesses with increased exposure and opportunities for companies to be discovered by potential customers while making it more accessible to locate services and products online.
Interested businesses can submit their information by August 6, 2021 at ajax.ca/taskforce.
“This directory will not only give exposure to Black-owned businesses but provide the community with a convenient outlet to find local businesses to support in Ajax. We can’t wait to publish the directory in support of the Black community and hope to get every business on the list!”
– Mariska Thomas, Chair, AABR Task Force
- Business directories can enhance a business’s online presence and local visibility, making it easier for people to discover. It also increases its search engine optimization and rank in a Google search.
- There is no charge to the business to be listed in the directory.
- The directory is set to launch in fall 2021.
- The Town of Ajax is the most racialized community in the Durham Region (2016 Census) and is committed to the inclusion of our diverse community.
- The Town’s Anti-Black Racism Task Force is comprised of diverse leaders from the Black community who are leading conversations, advising, and creating action plans toward meaningful healing and inclusion between the Black community, other racialized groups and the Town.