Special self-guided tour features 14 stops
Put on a cozy sweater, grab a warm beverage and explore Pickering Village by bike on October 2 from 12 to 4 p.m.
In celebration of Pickering Village (PV) being designated a Bike Friendly Business Area, this special fall pop-up event features a self-guided tour with 14 stops – 11 bike-friendly businesses and three TOA activations – located at Pickering Village Urban Square, Quaker Meeting House and the St. Francis Centre.
Participants can download the PV map and passport at ajax.ca/bikePV. Drop off your completed passport at any of the TOA activation sites and receive a special giveaway. All passports will be entered to win a cycling prize pack.
“This important designation signifies that Pickering Village is a cycling destination: boasting safe cycling routes, ample bike parking, and welcoming businesses, restaurants and close proximity to accommodations. Throughout the pandemic we have watched cycling grow in popularity and welcome residents and visitors to continue exploring our cycling network safely and discover all of the amazing local businesses and amenities Ajax has to offer”
– Mayor Shaun Collier
“This pop-up event encourages participants to discover local businesses, utilize our cycling infrastructure and visit Pickering Village and our heritage facilities. Each TOA activation will be staffed and will offer safe engagement opportunities including facility tours, interactive games, entertainment and giveaways.”
– Councillor Rob Tyler-Morin, Ward 1
- Please note, all patrons wishing to enter a Town facility are required to be vaccinated and all Covid health and safety protocols will be followed.
- Residents can download and submit the passport from October 2 to 13. Completed passports can all be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
- The Ontario by BikeTM Network is a program certifying and promoting bicycle-friendly business and cycle tourism in a growing number of regions across Ontario.
- The Town of Ajax is a Silver Level Bicycle Friendly Community, as designated by the Share the Road Cycling Coalition.
- The Town has been an active member of the Ontario By Bike program since 2012. There are currently 29 businesses in Ajax participating in the program.