Posting Number: 003137
Job Title: Casual Employee (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022)
City: Oshawa Province: Ontario
Employment Group: CUPE 250
Wage Rate: $14.03 – $14.86
Standard Weekly Hours of Work: up to 24 Shift Work Required: Yes
Posting End Date: 2021/09/02 by 4:30pm
Reporting to the Working Foreperson, Operations and/or designate at a recreation facility, the incumbent will perform various general custodial duties.
This position is a seasonal position, starting in the fall and concludes mid-March.
The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
All training hours are paid at minimum wage as outlined in the Employment Standards Act.
- Assist arena attendant with ice floods Sweep/mop dressing rooms
- Clean and maintain public washrooms
- Pick-up debris and garbage
- Assist with sidewalk snow clearing Safely dispose of garbage and recycling material
- Maintain pool area
- Assist with set-up and take-downs of room setups
- Provide effective customer service to patrons
- Administer first aid as required
- Complete accident, incident or complaint inquiry forms
- Report information relating to issues and conflicts within the facility to full-time staff
- Enforce and follow City of Oshawa policies and procedures (eg. Fire plan, Accident/Incident reporting, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Currently attending school full time and/or returning to school full time in the Fall (maintain student status)
- Previous maintenance work experience an asset
- Possess and keep current Standard First Aid/CPR ‘C’ qualifications
- Provide a current (within six months) Criminal Information Request prior to employment start date
- Provide and wear personal Green Patch High Cut Safety Work Boots and Work Pants (dark blue) Provide and wear personal CSA approved black hockey helmet (with strap) during ice maintenance Wear City-issued uniform
- Demonstrate good customer service and communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with staff and the general public; good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings
- Ability to work shifts, including evenings, late nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work in variable conditions – arenas and pool decks – indoors and outdoors
Please apply online through our website: https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search. All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Oshawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance with the application process please contact Human Resource Services by emailing [email protected] or by calling us at 1-905-436-5666. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.