Posting Number: 003486
Job Title: Regular Full-Time Records & Information Analyst
City: Oshawa Province: Ontario
Employment Group: CUPE 251 Wage Rate: 07, $33.93 – $37.68
Standard Weekly Hours of Work: 36.25 Shift Work Required: No
Posting End Date: 2022/01/21 by 4:30pm
Reporting to the Supervisor, Records and Information Management, the Records and Information Analyst is responsible to assist in implementing the City’s Records and Information Management (RIM) Strategy across the organization. The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
- Assisting the Supervisor, Records and Information Management with the implementation of Corporate Records and Information Management (RIM) policies and systems in accordance with the RIM Strategy, ensuring legislative compliance and mitigating operational risk to the City Of Oshawa;
- Conducting audits of Departmental/Branch RIM programs including reviewing and evaluating audit results with the Supervisor, Records and Information Management, Departmental/Branch management, Departmental/Branch Records Representative and other staff as appropriate;
- Providing training to staff in the implementation of Corporate RIM initiatives, the Records Retention Schedule and other records and information management activities;
- Participating in RIM projects to develop and implement business and technical strategies to improve information management processes to meet legislative and corporate requirements;
- Assisting the Information, Access and Privacy Officer, as required, in the coordination of the City’s response to formal requests received pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act; and
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards to support the City’s Forms program.
- Three (3) year University degree in Records and Information Management or Library and Information Management, along with a Records and Information Management Certification (e.g. Certified Records Manager or Certified Information Professional) plus two (2) years relevant experience in a municipal environment.
- Experience in records and information management, including assessment, classification and inventorying of physical and electronic records.
- Established skills and experience in database management, PC equipment and related software applications (MS Office Suite, Versatile or other records/electronic content management systems/software).
- Good administrative, research and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to deal effectively and tactfully with staff from all departments. Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and to work on own initiative.
- Possess personal qualities of maturity, tact, and discretion and have a willing and cooperative attitude.
- Knowledge of Provincial legislation and policies relative to records management along with knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Physically fit to lift, carry and place file boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Please apply online to this position at https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search
All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence.
The City of Oshawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
All City of Oshawa employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment; proof of vaccination status will be requested upon hire. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process or assistance with the application process please contact us at [email protected] or 905-436-5666. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.