Posting Number: 003465
Department: Corporate Services Department
Branch: Information Technology Services
Location: City Hall
Posting Start Date: 2022/01/07 Posting End Date: 2022/01/24 by 4:30pm
Employment Group: CUPE 251 Salary Grade: 13, $42.75 – $50.29
Standard Weekly Hours of Work: 36.25 Shift Work Required: No
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications, or designate, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the strategic planning and coordination of the Corporation’s systems, integrations and technologies. The role includes project management, leading key projects for business unit(s), facilitating communication among stakeholders and translating user requirements into solutions. The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
- Providing strategic planning and coordination of the Corporation’s systems including developing strategies to enhance or further leverage processes; conducting research and identifying and recommending technology opportunities; and assessing feasibility of implementing new functionality.
- Providing business analysis including understand the business units’ workflows, processes and challenges; assisting with aligning client needs to technology solutions; analyzing new and changed legislation and assessing impact on processes and systems; and analyzing project requests to accurately defining project scope.
- Providing project management on large-scale technology projects including developing project charters, maintaining project logs, and coordinating with vendors for project implementation as well as post-implementation support.
- Proving leadership and support including developing and providing subject matter expertise of a portfolio of corporate applications; facilitating engagement and communication processes with stakeholders, internal clients, and vendors, driving and supporting implementation of solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill associated with completion of a four (4) year university degree in Computer Science plus five (5) years of experience in business analysis and project management with a minimum of two (2) years proven experience in full project lifecycle deployment.
- In possession of Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification or willing to obtain.
- Lean Certification (green & black belt) and Project Management professional (PMP) certification are considered assets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with software and related tools being used for the particular system(s) ie: PeopleSoft Financials and HCM systems (including PeopleTools, Application designer, Application Engine, Query, Data Mover and Component Interface, SQR) or equivalent understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, SQL, Oracle DBMS, Microsoft Office (Project, Access, Visio), Quest Software (Toad), Visual Basic, and Crystal Reports.
- Good communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills with a demonstrated ability to work on own initiative in order to meet deadlines.
Please be advised that position location as noted is at the time of posting and is subject to change, as required due to operational needs.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Please apply online to this position at https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search
All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
All City of Oshawa employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment; proof of vaccination status will be requested upon hire. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process or assistance with the application process please contact us at [email protected] or 905-436-5666. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.