Job Title: Regular Part-Time Customer Service Representative
Posting Number: 003250
Department: Corporate Services Department Branch: City Clerk Services
Location: City Hall
Posting Start Date: 2021/08/09 Posting End Date: 2021/08/17 by 4:30pm
Employment Group: CUPE 251 Salary Grade: 06, $31.81 – $35.34
Standard Weekly Hours of Work: Up to 30 Shift Work Required: Yes
Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor or designate, provide timely, courteous and effective handling of all front-end customer inquiries, service requests and transactions including those of a confidential, sensitive and/or controversial nature. Resolve customer issues by using excellent interpersonal skills, customer service technology, and problem-solving and on-line research skills while adhering to service performance metrics. The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receiving and providing accurate information requests to the public and internal clients in a clear, courteous and professional manner as it relates to a wide array of City services and programs.
- Receiving, evaluating, responding to and processing requests for services and documenting and recording requests in a number of computer based software applications;
- Receiving, researching, assessing evaluating, documenting/recording and responding to customer concerns and complaints in order to provide issue resolution;
- Processing a variety of financial transactions for City services and programs including collection of overdue parking funds, property taxes, and administrative penalties for the corporation;
- Processing permits, applications and licenses including issuing marriage licenses and commissioning various customer documents as Commissioner of Oath;
- Researching, documenting and suggesting additions/edits to corporate knowledge base and assisting in quality assurance initiatives; and
- Assisting in marketing initiatives and market research projects (e.g. conducting customer satisfaction surveys) and providing representation at special events and open house sessions.
- Two (2) years post-secondary diploma in Office Administration Executive, Communications or 911 Emergency and Call Center Communications plus three (3) years of relevant customer service experience in a call center environment.
- Established skills and experience using a variety of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Lagan, Officer Enforcement, Manta, IntelliManager, IntelliPOS and ArcGIS).
- Proven ability to easily learn and adapt to new software applications. Demonstrated proficiency and comfort with technology.
- Demonstrated customer service experience along with effective conflict resolution and communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with the public and staff and an ability to respond to inquiries by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Ability to de-escalate a situation at a first call resolution level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and competently with frequent interruptions in a multi-task environment and ability to work under pressure in order to meet service level standards.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information, exercise judgement and tact in dealing with sensitive matters and responding to inquiries. Personal qualities of maturity and reliability are required.
- Ability to work shifts as required.
- Must be bondable.
Please be advised that position location as noted is at the time of posting and is subject to change, as required due to operational needs.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Please apply online through our website: https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search. All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Oshawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance with the application process please contact Human Resource Services by emailing [email protected] or by calling us at 1-905-436-5666. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.