Posting Number: 003251
Job Title: Temporary Part-Time Junior Customer Service Representative
City: Oshawa Province: Ontario
Employment Group: CUPE 251
Wage Rate: 05, $29.19- $32.42
Standard Weekly Hours of Work: Up to 30 Shift Work Required: Yes
Posting End Date: 2021/08/17 by 4:30pm
Reporting to the Customer Service Coordinator or designate, provide timely, courteous and effective handling of front-line customer inquiries, service requests and transactions including those of a confidential, sensitive and/or controversial nature. Resolve customer issues by using excellent interpersonal skills, customer service technology, problem-solving and on-line research skills while adhering to service performance metrics
The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receiving requests for information by telephone and providing accurate information to the public and internal clients in a clear, courteous and professional manner as it relates to a wide array of City services and programs;
- Receiving, evaluating, responding to and processing requests for services and documenting and recording requests in a number of computer based software applications;
- Receiving, researching, assessing evaluating, and responding to customer concerns and complaints in order to provide first level issue resolution or escalation when appropriate and documenting and recording transactions/issues;
- Providing periodic support and assistance to Customer Service Representatives with customer service interactions through other channels (in-person, online chat, email).
- Knowledge and skills generally associated with the completion of grade 12 plus one (1) year post-secondary education in Office Administration/Communication/Customer Service/Call Centre Certificate or related discipline, plus one (1) year of relevant customer service experience.
- Established skills and experience using a variety of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Manta, Class, GIS related tools, OLI, Lagan).
- Proven ability to easily learn and adapt to new software applications. Demonstrated proficiency and comfort with technology.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and advanced communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with the general public and staff and an ability to respond to inquiries by telephone, in person and in writing. Ability to communicate in a second language is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and competently with frequent interruptions in a multi-task environment and ability to work under pressure in order to meet service level standards.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information, exercise judgement and tact in dealing with sensitive matters and responding to inquiries. Personal qualities of maturity and reliability are required.
- Ability to work shifts as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
Please apply online through our website: https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search
The City of Oshawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance with the application process please contact Human Resource Services by emailing [email protected] or by calling us at 1-905-436-5666. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.