The City of Oshawa is seeking applicants for its newest consultative committee, Group 20Thirty, the steering committee that will support the development of the new action plan for Downtown Oshawa, “Plan 20Thirty”.
The purpose of the Plan 20Thirty Steering Committee is to advise and collaborate on the analysis and background work that will form the basis of a new downtown action plan and strategy.
To view the previous downtown action plan, “plan 20Twenty”, and the Terms of Reference for the Committee, visit www.oshawa.ca/Plan20Thirty.
Members of the committee will advise and assist City staff on:
- understanding the existing state of the downtown and an aspirational vision for downtown Oshawa;
- stakeholder and public engagement;
- economic transformation opportunities; and
- action plan development.
Membership will comprise of 10 members from the community representing a broad range of sectors. Committee make up will be as follows:
- City of Oshawa Director, Economic Development (Chair)
- One (1) Business Representative from each of the following sectors:
- Professional Services
- Personal Services
Members from the five business sectors would be limited to individuals who own property or operate a business within the downtown boundary area.
- Downtown Resident (1)
- Downtown Development Industry Representative (1)
- Downtown Institutional Sector Representatives (2)
- Ontario Tech University
- Social Services sector
Applicants who are interested in donating their skills and time will be considered through an interview process based on:
- experience working in teams, with community groups, boards or organizations; and,
- knowledge of the current landscape of the Downtown and vision to drive growth and revitalization.
Applicants are asked to email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] before Friday, August 20, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, including the Terms of Reference, visit www.oshawa.ca/Plan20Thirty.
For more information on Economic Development Services, visit www.oshawa.ca/business or follow @InvestOshawa on Twitter.