Oshawa, Ont. – The Oshawa Generals are seeking a driven, highly motivated, high-energy, and competitive sales and marketing manager who wants to build a career in the sports industry and become a key member of the organization.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Marketing is responsible for all levels and marketing for the team as well as assisting with the corporate partnership’s portfolio including generating revenue through the sale of bundled key Corporate Inventory items that meet the specific business objectives for each corporate partner. These could include; Rinkboards, Program Ads, Social Media, Website, Broadcast, as well as team appearances and ticket sales plans. The position will report directly to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Marketing.
• Sell Oshawa Generals products including In Bowl and Out of bowl inventory, Community programs, season tickets, and measurable call to action products.
• Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all sales products as well as achieve 90% retention on existing partners.
• Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers
• Make cold calls to local consumers and community groups to sell all aspects of our Corporate Sponsorship Inventory
• Contact past customers and cold call new sales leads to generate sales
• Handle inbound calls from sales prospects
• Work all home games and support sales promotional initiatives including outside functions including community events, minor hockey tournaments, etc.
• Directly responsible for the execution of all corporate partnerships including game day and event management, social media campaigns, and in-game activations
• Responsible for the development and execution of all marketing strategies including managing the multi-channel marketing portfolio including external marketing initiatives, social media, web and video.
• Will be responsible for the marketing team
• Will support Director with sales assistance
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the general public, staff, clients, community, and professional groups.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Established skills and experience using PC equipment and related software applications (e.g., MS Office Suite).
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in;
o Budget planning, monitoring and control
o Public Relations
o Marketing, sales, and advertising principles.
o Sales strategies and principles
o Reviewing legal agreements and contracts
o Business advertising and sponsorship goals within the City, Region, and GTA.
• Knowledge of artwork design, branding options, and installation of artwork-type products.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and competitive
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
• Creative at problem-solving and resolving unexpected issues
• Detailed-oriented, especially under the pressure of deadlines
• Team-oriented and a proactive positive attitude
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Flexible hours required: working nights, weekends, and holidays. Some unsociable hours.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid, unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence, minimum Class G, and a vehicle for use on corporate business.
Education / Experience:
• Four-year college or university diploma/degree preferred with a business, marketing or sports administration related field
• Sales and Marketing professional with 1-3 years experience
• Experience for another team or venue is a plus.
Competitive base salary with commission structure and benefits. (Base of $30,000-$50,000 depending on experience)
*Per the Ontario Hockey League’s vaccination policy, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated two (2) weeks before their first day.*
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through LinkedIn
Please no phone calls. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.