What: A Planning Act public meeting will be held regarding an application to amend Zoning By-law 60-94 (File: Z-2020-03) submitted by Weston Consulting on behalf of 2676916 Ontario Inc. for lands at 480, 484, 490 and 506 Ritson Road South.
The Oshawa Development Services Committee will be considering the above referenced application for the lands as shown shaded on the map at the public meeting.
When: September 13, 2021 – 6:30 p.m.
Pursuant to the direction of Public Health Ontario, this public meeting will take place in an electronic format in order to maintain social/physical distancing. Consequently, the meeting is open to the public through electronic participation only, and in-person delegations are not possible at this time. Delegation requests to speak to this matter through electronic means are required to be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 8, 2021 by contacting City Clerk Services in writing at [email protected].
Members of the public are also invited to submit correspondence concerning this matter. Please address your comments to the City Contact shown below by 4:30 p.m. on September 7, 2021 in order for your correspondence to be provided on the Agenda. Comments received after 4:30 p.m. on September 7, 2021 and up to September 13, 2021 will be provided to Committee members at the September 13, 2021 Public Meeting.
The City of Oshawa’s enhanced website features an information tab which provides a list of upcoming Council and Committee Meetings and Agendas, a link to the live webstream player to enable easy access to view the meeting live as well as the ability to subscribe to Council and Committee meeting notifications.
The applicant proposes to develop the site for two 3-storey apartment buildings (stacked townhouses) containing a combined total of 40 dwelling units.
The purpose and effect of the application to amend Zoning By-law 60-94 is to rezone the subject site from PSC-A (Planned Strip Commercial) and PSC-A/SSC-B (Planned Strip Commercial/Automobile Service Station) to an appropriate PSC-A (Planned Strip Commercial) Zone, to implement the proposed development with site specific conditions to permit certain performance standards such as, but not limited to, interpreting the frontage along Ritson Road South as the front lot line, increased residential density, increased lot coverage, increased encroachment of steps into the required front yard setback, reduced required parking, reduced parking aisle width and reduced front yard, exterior side yard and rear yard depths.
- City Contact: Tim Ryan, Oshawa City Hall, 50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7 or by telephone at 905-436-3311, extension 2376 or by email to [email protected]
- To Provide Comments: Written submissions to the City of Oshawa may be delivered prior to the passing of the zoning by-law amendment to the attention of the City Contact shown above.
- To Obtain Additional Information and Material: While additional information and material regarding the applications is normally available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, in the Development Services Department, 8th Floor, Rundle Tower, Oshawa City Hall, 50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7, access to City Hall is subject to COVID-19 protocols. Accordingly, please call or email the City Contact shown above as our business operations are subject to change as the Province of Ontario re-opens.
- To Access the Report: Copies of the staff report for the public meeting will be available beginning September 9, 2021, either online at https://calendar.oshawa.ca/Meetings or by contacting the City Contact shown above.
- To Be Notified of the Decision: If you wish to be notified of the decision of the City of Oshawa on the proposed zoning by-law amendment, you must make a written request to the Commissioner of Development Services, 50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7.
- To Appeal: If a person or public body would otherwise have an ability to appeal the decision of the City of Oshawa to the Ontario Land Tribunal (Tribunal) but the person or public body does not make oral submissions at the public meeting or make written submissions to the City of Oshawa before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision.
If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the City of Oshawa before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Tribunal, unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, please contact the City Contact as shown above.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act: Information will be collected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record.
Accessibility: The City of Oshawa is committed to providing services as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations, please contact City Clerk Services by telephone at 905-436-3311 or by email at [email protected].