Pickering, ON, August 10, 2021
Who: City of Pickering residents
What: The East Shore Community Centre, Community Room, is a designated cooling centre
Where: East Shore Community Centre, 910 Liverpool Road, Pickering.
When: August 11 – 13, 2021 from 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
While a Heat Warning is in effect, the East Shore Community Centre will be a designated Cooling Centre – access through Community Room (west) entrance.
Seating and water will be available.
Leashed pets are welcome providing they are well controlled by their owner.
Because we Care
For your safety and that of our employees please take these extra precautions while using the facility to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Do not enter our facility if you:
- Have a fever over 38 Celsius or 100 Fahrenheit
- Have a new cough or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat, hoarse voice and/or difficulty swallowing
- Runny nose, sneezing or nasal congestion (in the absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as season allergies and post nasal drip)
- New smell or taste disorder
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- Have come into contact with probable or confirmed case of COVID-19
While in our Facility:
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres or 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds
- Liberally use the sanitizers found at various stations within the facility.
- Cover your mouth with Kleenex or sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Use of masks is mandatory.
Customer capacity and flow will be managed by Community Centre Staff.
Thank you for understanding and for being kind and thoughtful to our employees and your fellow customers.
As the gateway to the east GTA, Pickering (population 94,000) is strategically located where Toronto, York and Durham Regions meet. An award-winning municipality, Pickering is slated for significant economic and residential growth; offering an unparalleled quality of life for those who live, work, and play here. Its dynamic City Centre has been designated by the Province of Ontario as both an Urban Growth Centre and Mobility Hub, and continues to evolve as a preferred destination for creative learning, memorable events, and unique experiences at the heart of a vibrant, connected, and engaged community.
Coordinator, Recreation Programs | Community Services Department
905.420.4660 ext. 2078