In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is looking for a dynamic individual that will be responsible for supporting the organization through club and competition activities. The successful candidate will be involved in club and team registration, execution of OBA Championships and coordination of OBA insurance program under the guidance of the Director, Clubs and Competitions.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to OBA’s mission, vision and values need apply.
Responsibilities of the coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Ontario Basketball affiliation programs (new clubs, house league and camps).
- Coordinate Ontario Basketball club membership registration process.
- Administration of Ontario Basketball insurance program.
- Assist in the execution of Ontario Basketball Championships.
- Coordinate the Ontario Basketball Transfer Policy.
- Administration and coordination of Fair Play requests.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- A university degree or college diploma in sport administration/management and/or communications.
- Experience in a sport or sport-related background is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including but not limited to familiarity with website management.
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks, people and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines.
Deadline for submissions: Monday, December 20, 2021 at 11:59PM
Compensation: In addition to health benefits, Abilities Centre membership, and complimentary parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send resume and covering letter to:
Ontario Basketball, Attention: Mike Barbin, Director, Clubs and Competitions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.